You’ve done installing the plugin and itching to give it a try; and add WordPress featured slider on your site. This guide is designed for you to get started easily by following the instructions below:
If you prefer step by step guidelines than the video above please continue reading.
Add WordPress Featured Slider using Shortcode
- Login to your WordPress site and go to the page/post you want the featured post slider to be added then click Add Media Button.
- Click Focus:Featured Posts tab on the left side of the media frame then add slider title, select categories, add tags and/or change the default ordering.
- Then click Slider Options tab if you want to enable autoplay slider feature, show featured image, enable pager navigation and/or change the slider animation speed. Then click Insert Featured Posts button.
- If in any case you want to edit featured slider shortcode, just click on the shortcode then click the edit icon and the frame will pop-up again; easy 😉
Add WordPress Featured Slider on your Sidebar
- To add featured slider on your sidebar, focus has built-in widget with consistent options. Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Then drag Focus:Featured Slider on your widget sidebar.
- Similar options with title, categories, tags, number of posts and ordering can be set also via widget.
- Under Slider Options tab you can also enable autoplay slider feature and pager navigation; show featured image and/or change the animation speed.
- Then click save and you’re all good to go. Easy 😉
Add Featured Slider via Customizer
Check the changes live when using the widget via customizer. All options are integrated smoothly and running in no time. Use Focus now for free and upgrade your WordPress featured post slider!